OddUnit
ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions

4 posters

Go down

ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions Empty ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions

Post by Flusted Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:29 am

I want to mod an ABF inlet manifold for my engine. I understand the ABF uses stubby injectors. Can i mod a 20vt fuel rail to work with my 440cc injectors on the ABF manifold?
Got a"fabricator" mate whos Amazing at welding ally so no worries there

Last edited by Flusted on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Flusted
Flusted
.:Cammed:.

Male Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions Empty Re: ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions

Post by mrbeige Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Aid, can you not just use the fuel rail you've got? I've got some adapters for a 20v fuel rail....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions Empty Re: ABF inlet manifold, idle and WOT switch questions

Post by Flusted Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:39 am

o, o, I lke them, forsale? my current rail fouls the bonnet big time
Flusted
Flusted

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:10 am

Flusted wrote:o, o, I lke them, forsale? my current rail fouls the bonnet big time
They aren't I'm afraid, but, you could copy them??
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flusted Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:27 am

Just picked up an ABF engine, took it out this morning, will post pics of inlet shortly.
Flusted
Flusted

Back to top Go down

Post by JNLRacing Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:07 am

Regarding copying them last time I made a set of those it cost £1 in material per injector extension and an 1hr each to cut all the grooves and holes. not including the 2 that buckled in the laithe due to cutting them in the wrong order (took me a second time to mess it up before I figured out why it happened Embarassed ).
Not the easiest thing to machine by hand but if you know someone with a cnc laithe I can give you all the measurements.

JNLRacing

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Flusted Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks, i have a spare long prong fuel rail so will measure that up and see if it will fit.

On the same subject, can you see any problems by running the single butterfly ABF throttlebody if i mod it by adding the boost return butterfly from a g60 throttlebody and the idle and wot switches?
Flusted
Flusted

Back to top Go down

Post by JNLRacing Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:32 am

why not use a dump valve insteadbe a lot easier than modding the throttle body.

JNLRacing

Back to top Go down

Post by Flusted Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:04 am

was advised strongly against it by BBM. Apparently they cant shift the air needed causing it to back track to the charger causing a boost spike

Ive found this pic where someone has done something similar using the g60 boost return butterfly with a different throttlebody

Flusted
Flusted

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtytorque Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 am

Flusted wrote:was advised strongly against it by BBM. Apparently they cant shift the air needed causing it to back track to the charger causing a boost spike

Ive found this pic where someone has done something similar using the g60 boost return butterfly with a different throttlebody

also the boost return is progressive pressurizing the pipes gradually.
I have seen someone damage his charger with a dump quite recently on the MS forum.
I wouldn't.
dirtytorque
dirtytorque
.:Charged:.
.:Charged:.

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by JNLRacing Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:46 am

There's different dumpvalve setups. Look at how the V8 boys use them on their carburetted supercharged setups as they bleed of at idle and gradually close of with revs and boost.

JNLRacing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down