OddUnit
Interesting Dyno emulator software Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
Interesting Dyno emulator software Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Dyno emulator software

+2
Flusted
jmc
6 posters

Go down

Interesting Dyno emulator software Empty Interesting Dyno emulator software

Post by jmc Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:28 am

I was doing my usual of trawling the interweb yesterday and came across a bit of software called Dyno2000, which is basically a dyno emulating modelling package, and was wondering whether anybody else had tried this? It allows you to put in information regarding bore and stroke, cam shaft profiles, compression ratios, timing, etc, and then calculates a theoretical torque and bhp profile. I've been playing around a bit and put in some information about the G60 head, Shrick and Piper cams, etc and while the absolute numbers are way off the shape of the torque and bhp curves are scarily familiar...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I haven't quite figured out how to deal with the G-lader yet in terms of what it was asking for for its parameters, so anyone who has any tech specs on that please come forward Very Happy . It might be of use for people wanting to see relative differences for different setups, even if it isn't possible to get absolute accurate numbers...
jmc
jmc
.:Bored:.

Male Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Interesting Dyno emulator software Empty Re: Interesting Dyno emulator software

Post by Flusted Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:26 am

id love to use that for mine but wouldnt have a clue wherew to start!!!
Flusted
Flusted
.:Cammed:.

Male Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by JNLRacing Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:05 am

I've found that Dyno 2000 is extremelly acurate with the V8 stuff especially Chevy engines. Where we used to get within 15-25hp on a 650-700hp engine. However when i attempted to work out smaller VW lumps and turbocharged ones the results became wildly inacurate value wise but as you say the curves look similar.

I personally put it down to the fact that Dyno 2000 works out an average based on actual data results originally input into the program, based on customer real life data. For example a specific cam head and block configuration makes x amount in real life. Put all the real life figures into the program and from those it can calculate an assumed figure for an unknown configuration.
Obviously as there are 50 million+ chevy v8's floating about so loads of tuned configurations hence the potential information that was originally available for the software to make calculations from is from an immense resource whereas with the hothatch engines the information is scarcer making the actual end values less acurate. Over time as more data is collected these figures should become more realistic too.

JNLRacing

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Toad Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:42 am

When we were in Germany for the 20th Anniversary corrado there was a company providing power figures without using a Dyno. Guess this is how they did it. I didn't see them fiddling around, the engine endoscopy or the Glader throwing competitions though. Sad
Toad
Toad
.:Mod:.

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Hmm, nice to see it has been used quite a bit then, but shame it is with the bigger US stuff more than VW. Will have to have a bit of a trawl and see what I can find on-line.

On a side note, does anyone know whether there has been anything published on the G-lader technical specs (flow, internal gearing, effects of porting etc)?
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:24 am

Had a bit more of a play around after digging out some G60 details (specifically cfm and efficiency and pressure ratio, from the CF forum and VW Vortex). Amazingly it now looks pretty accurate - apart from having much better torque curve than my car Rolling Eyes

jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:28 pm

Do you want to try and predict mine? I'm going to get it mapped on Friday!

Specs are 92.8mm stroke, 83.01 bore, Standard charger on 65mm pulley, schrick 268/276 cam and standard head. Be intersting to see what it comes up with. Is the above graph wheel or engine power? Power seems a little low at 190bhp.

ctwg60
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 770

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:18 pm

CTW - I think it's supposed to be flywheel values, but if thats the case you're right it is a little low, and the bhp is nearer to my at the wheels value. To be honest I'm still playing around with it, so while the shape is looking reasonable the absolute numbers are off.

Looking at your specs, and assuming a standard head in the software (and the charger producing 14psi), it's coming out with 180bhp at 5000rpm, and 205lbft at 4000rpm. Given how my model compares to the 'in real life' mine values, I would predict around 180-185bhp and 200-205lbft at the wheels for you, based on a) hopefully your map will be a lot better than mine, and b) you're running a standard rather than flowed head. I'd be intrigued to see if it's anywhere close, if it's miles off, and your thoughts on the mapping (do I recall right that you're having this done with Chipwizards?).
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Yeah chipwizards. I'll be jumping off a bridge if it's 200lbft at the wheels and 180bhp. My old engine was doing 204bhp at the fly and 190bhp at the wheels and 198lbft at the wheels. Laughing

We shall see. You could be right. Sad

Old Engine RR results

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:47 pm

Just goes to show how pants mine is by comparison then (and that I have alot to learn) Sad Hopefully yours will be much better - it should be (especially when mapped). Did you ever get to the bottom of that weird dip at 5800rpm?
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:55 pm

I got it to hold to 6k but still no real extra power or torque with reds and another chip from stevePSD but no still dropped off so you can draw your own conclusion. It's was either knock retard/bleed or the map!!! Neutral I don't think the engine had a fault. It became pointless and expensive to try and figure it out when it only seemed to happen on the RR. 🤷

If it happens with the new engine I may be more inclined to figure it out and if it does wayne at chipwizards should hopefully know why. Cool

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Cool, look forward to seeing what you make Very Happy
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:26 am

Doh, just realised yours is a 2l CTW (only a day late Sleep ) - for some reason I had it in my head that it was a 1.9. In which case, yeah I would expect around 210bhp at the wheels and 210-220lbft.
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:30 am

Very Happy 3 Days to go!

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:42 am

Sooo envious Very Happy
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:20 am

That looks like awesome software Jonathan! Does it let you look at the ignition and injection maps?

I've only played with the Emerald software with a Lotus Elise map as part of a coursework for my Electronics module. That was kinda fun though, for electronics.
boost panda
boost panda

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:26 am

boost monkey wrote:That looks like awesome software Jonathan! Does it let you look at the ignition and injection maps?

What you see on the screen shot is pretty much what you get Jon. It's quite a small piece of software, but seems to be good at looking at relative (if not absolute) changes.
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down