OddUnit
Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusua Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusua Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusua

3 posters

Go down

Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusua Empty Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusual

Post by ctwg60 Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Laughing OK I'm dreaming but it seems doable especially as Ian Birch is just round the corner from me!

500bhp 3.6ltr twin turbo all wheel drive consisting of 2x 1.8T 225 BAM or similiar engines. One in the front and one in the back! Laughing Designed for the track and the QM! What do you do on the V5 though! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Just one long engine number I guess! Laughing

Ian Birch is the man when it comes to twin engined VW's he has done many and if rumours are right even caught the attentions of VW themselves. So 1.8T are cheap, they'll easily physically fit in the back and front, no need to spend any money on them other than to get them working correctly in the car. And maybe a consulting/fabrication fee from Ian Birch, but of course I'd do the front engine myself and as much work as I could for the rear engine. It stacks up for a fun filled cheapish project. Oh I have no idea how to fit an engine at the rear of a vehicle! Laughing

So what do we think! Suspect

Last edited by ctwg60 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total

ctwg60
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 770

Back to top Go down

Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusua Empty Re: Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusua

Post by dirtytorque Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:23 pm

in a corrado?
Man that nuts in a very cool way.
dirtytorque
dirtytorque
.:Charged:.

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusua Empty Re: Think I've dreamt up my next project. Cheap quick and unusua

Post by ctwg60 Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:26 pm

I know! Yeah in my current C! But it really excites me because apart from the gear shift, which I'm sure ian can sort out it really makes perfect sense for a non daily car as far as cost is concerned! Clutch arrangement will be interesting too accelerator DBW??

Rear engine would be bump start! with no starter motor! wired to only start if the front engine was already running!

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtytorque Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Ok.
An electronic throttle would make the most sense.
Can emerald or DTA cope with that?
So one engine for each axel so to speak?
Would you run identical turbos/engine specs at each end ?
dirtytorque
dirtytorque

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:16 pm

If I went aftermarket that would increase costs substantially and as the engines would be be fairly stock I think a cheap rechip would do. Ultimatley I'd like to run more power at the rear as that's where the most traction is and would make the car more balanced in the corners. I believe Ian Birch ran light pressure turboed twin VR6 engined rallye and he had some sort of traction control to get the best traction. I don't think DTA can do DBW.

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:17 pm

I wonder if you could kid DTA that both engines were one?? scratch

EDIT: NO That's stupid! Doh! lol!

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Here's an Ian Birch Mid engined 1.8T polo!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:17 pm

More

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:49 pm

I think sequential shift would be the solution for the gear change. I'm not really sure of the calcs but I wonder if one master cylinder could be used with two slave clutch cylinders?

ctwg60

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtytorque Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:01 am

can I play devils advocate and ask what about a mid engined corrado ?
dirtytorque
dirtytorque

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 pm

4.0 V8 Mid engined Corrado?
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down