OddUnit
4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way

3 posters

Go down

4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way Empty 4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way

Post by saysomestuff Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:11 pm

right, according to this thread - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...I can simply swap my hubs for those from an early passat VR and we're good to go with existing 4 stud Corrado CVs, etc.

Can anyone corroborate this? I'll be needing to replace my outer CVS anyway so if it's just easier to press in Corrado VR hubs and matching outer CVs then that's fine, just need to know for sure which works.

saysomestuff
.:Standard:.

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way Empty Re: 4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way

Post by mrbeige Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 pm

saysomestuff wrote:Can anyone corroborate this? I'll be needing to replace my outer CVS anyway so if it's just easier to press in Corrado VR hubs and matching outer CVs then that's fine, just need to know for sure which works.
Anyone done this?
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way Empty Re: 4 -> 5 stud conversion, the easy way

Post by coxylaad Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:43 pm

i think i did this on my mk2 golf.
I say think cos it was donkeys ago and i cant 100% remember.

Best thing to do it pull the hub centers out, and compare them with the VR hub centers and see if they fit. Measure the bearings too, it might be just a case of fitting VR bearings and hub centers.

I think i am going senile...

coxylaad

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down