OddUnit
PG Turbo - Page 3 Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
PG Turbo - Page 3 Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PG Turbo

+2
junkie
MillSpeed
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

PG Turbo - Page 3 Empty Re: PG Turbo

Post by MillSpeed Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 am

Just thought I'd post a bit of an update, the Mars red GTI sold to a chap just up the road from me and is still going strong, funnily enough I spotted it pootling round Swansea the other day (love spotting my old cars!!). The little Golf C which I had such high hopes for has also been moved on. Closer inspection revealed that the passenger side had been stuffed pretty good and repaired, they'd done a reasonable job but would need doing again to be really nice. Seeing as I hate doing body work I fannied out and sold it (thankfully for a nice little profit). The GTI engine was stripped and the majority of bits sold off, but the electrical stuff has been kept for my latest in a long line of mk2's.......I wonder how long I'll keep this one for? Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MillSpeed
MillSpeed
.:Standard:.

Male Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 am

So, what's the plan with this one?
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MillSpeed Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 pm

For the moment I'm just sorting out all the little niggles. Practically every removable panel has a dent in it so I've got my eyes peeled for a tornado red breaker that isn't on the opposite side of the country to me. Then at some point me and the toad will be swapping the bottom end for an AGG one, was too cheap to pass up and should give it lots of extra grunt. Depending on how nice I can get it I might even keep long term as a daily driver.
MillSpeed
MillSpeed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Is the AGG a 2.0 then?

Can you not get say, Dentmaster on the case with the panels? It's surprising how much they can get out, and for a fraction of the cost, both money and time.

What's happening with the PG turbot?
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by MillSpeed Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Yeah, it's the 2 litre 8v GTI engine from the mk3, think it came in around '95-'96. What sort of money do dentmaster charge? One door might be salvageable but the others are pretty much goosed I think. Tailgate's a bit crusty in places so that really needs to be swapped and N/S front wing has a tasty gouge in it. The bonnet isn't too bad in all fairness, one small dent and the paint's been polished through to the primer on the lip, might be able to do something with it. The shell is really solid though so it's worth tidying it up. I'm hoping to get all the panels I need for £100-120, would make for a cheap tidy mk2 at the end of the day.

As for the PG turbo, I've got no idea when I'm gonna get chance to work on that again. Probably won't be for a long while! Once this car's done it might sell for enough to get me a decent 3-door late model mk2, G60's wiring will be pretty much plug & play then.
MillSpeed
MillSpeed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Not sure what Dentmaster and the like charge, but I had the 306 worked on by a guy up in Shrewsbury. He did around 12 dents in the sides for about 70 quid.

Why not stick the PG in the 5 door?
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by MillSpeed Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:32 am

I could do I suppose, I've just always fancied a nice 3-door big bumper GTI but have never been able to justify the 1500 odd quid needed to bag a tidy one. Maybe if I could raise £1300ish for my moredoor when it's all tarted up and has 2 liters under the bonnet I could stretch to a late model 3-door. I dunno, I'm just musing at the mo. I probably won't want to sell my Goof once all the work's been done!
MillSpeed
MillSpeed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:32 am

Indeed, why not make it a bit of a sleeper? More-door CL with oodles of power Twisted Evil
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:43 pm

My E-reg small bumper mk2 16v was a Golf C after I swapped the badges!

That was fun Very Happy
boost panda
boost panda
.:Bored:.
.:Bored:.

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3