OddUnit
After market MAF sensors and gauges... Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
After market MAF sensors and gauges... Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After market MAF sensors and gauges...

3 posters

Go down

After market MAF sensors and gauges... Empty After market MAF sensors and gauges...

Post by jmc Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:41 am

Been reading (there's a shock) about air flow, and boost pressure. I'm intrigued to know whether there are any aftermarket air flow sensors and gauges available (like I'd put in a gauge for oil pressure for example). Had a quick search on the interweb, but didn't find anything, other than replacement parts for cars which already have them. Anybody any ideas?
jmc
jmc
.:Bored:.

Male Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

After market MAF sensors and gauges... Empty Re: After market MAF sensors and gauges...

Post by dirtytorque Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:47 am

jmc wrote:Been reading (there's a shock) about air flow, and boost pressure. I'm intrigued to know whether there are any aftermarket air flow sensors and gauges available (like I'd put in a gauge for oil pressure for example). Had a quick search on the interweb, but didn't find anything, other than replacement parts for cars which already have them. Anybody any ideas?

what are you hoping to learn from this my good man ?
dirtytorque
dirtytorque
.:Charged:.

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

After market MAF sensors and gauges... Empty Re: After market MAF sensors and gauges...

Post by jmc Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:18 am

Just interested (nosy) really - be nice to see if air flow changes due to any porting work or changing exhausts/manifolds etc.
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtytorque Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:49 am

It would be good to see the correlation to if any to map and air flow.
On a nice flowing system you'd thing that MAP would be indirectly proportional to air flow?!?!
dirtytorque
dirtytorque

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by JNLRacing Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:20 pm

jmc wrote:Just interested (nosy) really - be nice to see if air flow changes due to any porting work or changing exhausts/manifolds etc.

Pretty much what I've been doing on my motor using the voltage reading of the standard MAF for datalogging. Hence my previous request on info regarding scaling the MAF.

If you want I can advice you which software program to download and send you some of the files I've logged on my Zeitronix ZT-2 unit. It will give you an indication of the correlation between RPM, Boost, AFR, EGT, Throttle Position and MAF.

JNLRacing
.:Cammed:.

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:25 am

JNLRacing wrote:Pretty much what I've been doing on my motor using the voltage reading of the standard MAF for datalogging. Hence my previous request on info regarding scaling the MAF.

If you want I can advice you which software program to download and send you some of the files I've logged on my Zeitronix ZT-2 unit. It will give you an indication of the correlation between RPM, Boost, AFR, EGT, Throttle Position and MAF.

Thanks JNL - that would be really interesting Very Happy
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by JNLRacing Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:20 pm

send me a pm with your email adress and I'll forward you some info sometime tomorrow.

JNLRacing

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:14 pm

JNLRacing wrote:send me a pm with your email adress and I'll forward you some info sometime tomorrow.

PM'd with the info mate Very Happy
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down