OddUnit
Injectors - 16VT Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
Injectors - 16VT Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injectors - 16VT

5 posters

Go down

Injectors - 16VT Empty Injectors - 16VT

Post by Shaggy Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:25 am

Just looking into what injectors to put into my 16VT setup...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I had been after a set of 440cc Bosch Green tops, as per Cosworths etc etc... but not entirely sure they have an ideal Injector pattern for multivalve setups like the 16v?? as per the vids showed on the link above

The siemens Injectors look pretty good... again also the 440cc high impedance jobbies....

Is this something thats really worth getting right?? or will the Green tops be ok?? these are the cheaper option as they can be sourced over here relatively cheap on ebay etc etc

I will be running Megasquirt standalone management so i am sure most of the injectors available above will be adaptable

Shaggy
.:Standard:.

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Injectors - 16VT Empty Re: Injectors - 16VT

Post by JNLRacing Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 am

Lol video clips like that make me laugh, As the siemens gives better fuel atomisation but theoretically the genesis can flow more looking at the spray pattern. Whereas their complaint on the 1.8t injector is that it sprays angled not keeping in account the port shape it was designed for etc......

Long and short of it you look at the injector seat to port cut out angle, you'll see that the injector is designed to spray offcentre towards one side of a 16v partition from the factory as per casting same applies to the 5cyl 20v head. Simpole reason as the opposing flow pattern of the two halves of the port aids extra mixing of the fuel upon entry into the combustion chamber as originally the port design was based upon a very primitive Kjet injector with no good flow pattern at all. Personally if you are aiming for around 350hp a set of 440's will do you nicelly.

JNLRacing
.:Cammed:.

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaggy Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:59 am

Very Happy your knowledge is bloomin endless! Thankyou again cheers

Shaggy

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Flusted Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:05 pm

im running the 440s
Flusted
Flusted

Male Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomo dj Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:01 pm

same here, no pops at all

Tomo dj

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by kevhaywire Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:40 am

Those Genesis snake tongue injectors are a modified Bosch EV6, which is a very, very good injector. 20Vs need that. Unclip the injector tabs and turn them through 90 degrees with the engine running and it'll run like schitt.

It depends if you want the fuel to atomise upon impact with the intake valve, or atomise at the injector tip and allow the air flow to guide the air/fuel blend into the cylinders.

I favour the latter approach and there is no better injector than the Denso 1220 for this.

kevhaywire
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down