OddUnit
Mincy, because only a turbo will do now! - Page 4 Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
Mincy, because only a turbo will do now! - Page 4 Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mincy, because only a turbo will do now!

+6
SensibleDave
m15 vw
junkie
mrbeige
dirtytorque
mic_VR
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Mincy, because only a turbo will do now! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mincy, because only a turbo will do now!

Post by dirtytorque Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:04 am

Oil pump was damaged aswell?

Stu,have you been breaking things? Smile

Intersted to see this one take shape.
Nice to see another from the ground up VRT build.
dirtytorque
dirtytorque
.:Charged:.
.:Charged:.

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Mincy, because only a turbo will do now! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mincy, because only a turbo will do now!

Post by mrbeige Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:18 am

I hope not Suspect

Any reason for the R32 sump over the 24v one? Or is it just to house the oil pump?
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kevhaywire Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 am

mic_VR wrote:Basically the car has done nothing for the last few months....and I mean absolutely nothing!

So does that mean I can have my coilpack back then? Wink LOL! Laughing

Good to see you back in the frame! Get on the blower to schimmel and get that kit ordered Twisted Evil

kevhaywire
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

Post by kevhaywire Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:02 am

mrbeige wrote:Any reason for the R32 sump over the 24v one? Or is it just to house the oil pump?

It gives more ground clearance when using a 24V in the Corrado. It pushes the sump level above the wishbone pivots in the subframe which is dead handy given how fragile cast ally is Cool
You have to use the R32 pump to go with it aswell. Shorter pickup Wink

kevhaywire

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:16 am

I thought that may be the case. As you say, a cast ally sump wont take a beating like the VR pressed tin one.

Is the R32 pump any different mechanically to the standard 24v one?
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by Toad Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Well technically he did lend mine his injectors... I love you
Toad
Toad
.:Mod:.

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by mic_VR Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:59 am

Hello all, it's good to be back.

As said, R32 sump offers greater ground clearance but you've got to use the R32 oil pump as well. It's also a baffled sump which is nice. I'll be using my new work connections to try and get that at a bargain price.

Kev - Forgot it's got your coilpack on it, should really give that back! Laughing And I've sent an email to Bill, just waiting for him to let me know a suitable time to call for a chat about what I'm after.

Not sure this is a wise move to say out loud but hoping to have it at least running in time for Ultimate Dubs......

.....maybe....
mic_VR
mic_VR
.:Cammed:.
.:Cammed:.

Male Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:07 am

mic_VR wrote:Not sure this is a wise move to say out loud but hoping to have it at least running in time for Ultimate Dubs......

.....maybe....
Uh oh...... Wink
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by kevhaywire Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:23 am

LOL!

I wouldn't normally worry about lending out parts Mic mate, but that pack was a brand new one so wouldn't mind it back when you're done with it Very Happy

So have you emailed Darlene then? I think they're in a busy spell again at the moment, but they will get back to you!

kevhaywire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4