OddUnit
convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment

3 posters

Go down

convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment Empty convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment

Post by Flusted Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:43 am

Just got an 8v 4 branch from a friend, wanted to cut the head flange off and weld on a 16v 1. Would this be simple or could the Fannymoulds be different angles?
Flusted
Flusted
.:Cammed:.

Male Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment Empty Re: convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment

Post by mrbeige Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:50 am

I'd imagine that it's not that simple as the 8v head ports wont be the same spacing as the 16v head. Not only that but aren't the 8v ports oval rather than round?
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment Empty Re: convert fourbranch mani from 8-16v head fitment

Post by Flusted Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:26 am

I reckon i can get round that with a vice lol. will have to check the spacing, didnt think of that
Flusted
Flusted

Back to top Go down

Post by JNLRacing Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:42 am

8v are siamese ports so dont line up with 16v also it wont flow enough so even if you get them to line up with a vice and oxy torch you wont see the benefits you would from a proper 16v mani.

JNLRacing

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Flusted Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:33 am

bummer, well thanks for the info
Flusted
Flusted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down