OddUnit
A word of warning about a couple of items... Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
A word of warning about a couple of items... Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A word of warning about a couple of items...

3 posters

Go down

A word of warning about a couple of items... Empty A word of warning about a couple of items...

Post by VEEDUBBED Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:49 am

Right peeps,
As usual i'm constantly pi$$in around with my ride,this time i decided to get rid of the Audi S4
exhaust and try 1 of the chromed jobbies off eBay in Germany.
Right,the finish is fukkin' awful,not on the outside(obviously) but on the inside of the runners.
The pipes have been just hacked off without any form of re-finishing at all,i'm talkin steps about
3mm high!,rough,coarse edges and generally poor qualitiy,unless you enjoy using a porting tool for hours like i did-AVOID buying.
Luckly i got the manifold for less that half price,these sukkers go for 480 Euro..
The external Wastegate fitment is useless as there's no room to fit your expensive Tial
Wastegate,you need to get made up a 90 degree bend,maybe the 45 degree eBay job might work.
Were the hell are you fit the turbo's oil drain line?,forget fitting anything rubber or even silicone,
It'll melt within half a mile because 1 has no other choice as to feed the pipe in between the exhaust runners.
I used a new 1/2 inch gas pipe that is a concertina thing covered in yellow plastic,the plastic dissapeared after 10 mins..
Right,that brings me up to heavy duty clutchs..
I decided to get a F1 385hp jobbie off eBay,not Germany though,luckly i got it off eBay in the states.
In Germany this so called 'preformance' clutch cost with 'Buy it now' 300/320 Euro but i got it fo 220 posted to me here in Rome,once again AVOID this shiyt like the clap,the batsid slips even at a low 0.8Bar turbo press...
And yes i did run in the clutch for 1500km and i had the flywheel re-faced before fitting it back,i even modified
the pressure plate re-inforcing the spring,at exactly 0.8Bar the clutch slips like it has over 250 thou'km's..
Ok,my car may have a few things done turbo wise but i've never had a clutch slip like this fukker and i've done quite a few T.16v's.
Sorry for the long post but i'd rather pass on this info. so no 1 else gets annoyed.
Have any of you ever stripped down a gearbox in 38 degree heat?,i'm doing it twice now Crying or Very sad

VEEDUBBED
.:Cammed:.
.:Cammed:.

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

A word of warning about a couple of items... Empty Re: A word of warning about a couple of items...

Post by mrbeige Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 am

Cheers for the heads up VEEDUBBED, I was considering one of those manifolds for my 16vT...needless to say, I'll steer well clear now.... Very Happy
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

A word of warning about a couple of items... Empty Re: A word of warning about a couple of items...

Post by kevhaywire Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 am

This just further supports my argument about not buying schitt from ebay. I hate the feckin place. I only buy branded parts from reputable places and so far it's done me well. The only times I've ventured away from brand names it cost me loads of hassle, time and money.

kevhaywire
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:20 am

I don't mind eBay for the odd thing, and I think it is possible to get a bargain, I think it's just not easy to find them.....
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum