OddUnit
oil pressure switch locations and colours Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
oil pressure switch locations and colours Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oil pressure switch locations and colours

2 posters

Go down

oil pressure switch locations and colours Empty oil pressure switch locations and colours

Post by Flusted Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 am

Just checking, I have a white sensor on the filter housing with a yellow wire to it and i screwed the black sensor into the back of the 16v head with the black? wire onto that?

Does that seem right as i have oil beeper on at 3k
Flusted
Flusted
.:Cammed:.

Male Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

oil pressure switch locations and colours Empty Re: oil pressure switch locations and colours

Post by davidwort Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:39 pm

the back of the head takes an oil temp sensor not pressure, you should have a black and white pressure sensor on the oil filter housing, or possibly blue if the later part has been fitted. It's the higher value sensor you are missing, the one with 1.3 bar stamped on it if the beeper goes at 3K, either that or you have the wires the wrong way round.

davidwort
.:Standard:.

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

oil pressure switch locations and colours Empty Re: oil pressure switch locations and colours

Post by Flusted Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:27 pm

I just thought where im using the g60 loom, that had the black sensor on the side of the head so thats where i fitted the sensor on the 16v head.
I tried earthing this sensor out and it made the oil light flash but not beep.
I then earthed the white 1 on top of filter housing and it stops beeping!

So do i need a blue sensor on top of the filter housing and does it matter which hole it goes in as theres 2 ports?
Flusted
Flusted

Male Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by davidwort Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Flusted wrote:I just thought where im using the g60 loom, that had the black sensor on the side of the head so thats where i fitted the sensor on the 16v head.
I tried earthing this sensor out and it made the oil light flash but not beep.
I then earthed the white 1 on top of filter housing and it stops beeping!

So do i need a blue sensor on top of the filter housing and does it matter which hole it goes in as theres 2 ports?

mmm, perhaps you could fit a pressure sender there, on the back, I know the 8v's, like you say use a position on the end of the head. I just assumed the oil temp sensor was mounted high on the back of the valver head as it would be the hottest place and not necessarily show full oil pressure there?
The 2L 16v blocks often have a 3 sender position oil filter housing, on SEAT engines they seem to have both pressure senders and a temp sensor mounted on the housing, I don't think any position makes a difference but the mounting does have a filter by-pass mechanism or something built into it, so it's possible the one usually blanked off on a Corrado 2L 16v is not supposed to be used for a pressure sender.
I've got temp sensors in both positions and switching from back of head to oil filter housing usually shows a very slightly lower temp on the filter housing, I guess as you would expect, the top of the head gets slightly hotter, only by a degree or two though, Ithought it would be more TBH.

davidwort

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down