OddUnit
New brakes, are all brembo 4pots the same fitment? Cooltext403300291

New brakes, are all brembo 4pots the same fitment?

Go down

New brakes, are all brembo 4pots the same fitment? Empty New brakes, are all brembo 4pots the same fitment?

Post by saysomestuff on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:19 pm

got some new brakes off a dodge viper - they are brembo 4 pots and so I assumed they'd fit a corrado valver using the RS2 or Ibiza Cupra R carriers and 305 dicscs - but seriously they are massive!

I'm hoping it's just the excitement but can anyone actually confirm that 911 or cupra R 4 pot brembos are also stupidly massive? was hoping to fit these under 16s What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

saysomestuff
.:Standard:.

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

New brakes, are all brembo 4pots the same fitment? Empty Re: New brakes, are all brembo 4pots the same fitment?

Post by jimmy123 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:34 pm

i know the Ibiza Cupra R carriers dont fit the leaon cupra brembos, and that Ibiza Cupra R are radial mounts the second pic shows lug mounts so thats a no go, sorry
jimmy123
jimmy123

Male Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

New brakes, are all brembo 4pots the same fitment? Empty Re: New brakes, are all brembo 4pots the same fitment?

Post by saysomestuff on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:27 pm

thanks for the info jimmy - I may have someone to machine up some custom adaptors actually so we might be in luck.

saysomestuff

Back to top Go down

Post by saysomestuff on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:14 am

just to follow this up - i tried these against where the carriers would normally fit and by jove they are so close to bolting straight up.

literally 3mm or so out, so obvious next question - do VR hub carriers have the holes further apart?

saysomestuff

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy123 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:29 pm

the 16v mk2 and mk3 vr caliper carrers all have the same bolt spacings,only earlyer stuff and a few audis had diffrent spaceings and i think they are closer togeather
jimmy123
jimmy123

Male Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Cole, what was the spacing like with respect to the disc? would a standard disc sit in the middle of the calliper if it were to be bolted straight on there (even though it doesn't of course)

£300 Corrado 1.8 16v
The good lady wife's Golf VR
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by saysomestuff on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Jimmy, thanks for the info. I''ve actually got a set of Corrado VR hubs etc so will check it out next time i'm up.

Stu, no, not central as is. but a few washers spacing out at the back would make it perfect.

saysomestuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down