OddUnit
JMC's 1.9l G60 - Page 6 Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
JMC's 1.9l G60 - Page 6 Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JMC's 1.9l G60

+8
James H
ctwg60
Toad
dirtytorque
junkie
mic_VR
mrbeige
jmc
12 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

JMC's 1.9l G60 - Page 6 Empty Re: JMC's 1.9l G60

Post by jmc Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:20 pm

Yep they are forged ones. I made sure when Darren built me the 1.9 engine it was made to take the nitrous. I'd planned on putting about 75 through it (I have a progressive controller). Given the nitrous should cool the charge a bit it should equate to about a 100bhp increase. That'll mean 350bhp and nearly 330lbft through the G60 drivetrain. Even with the VR6 clutch in there I get the feeling it wont last long. I also think the fuel pump will need upgrading. Thankfully the nitrous controller has a digital fuel pressure sensor as part of it.
jmc
jmc
.:Bored:.

Male Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by ctwg60 Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:31 pm

You'll need some bigger injectors won't you?

VR fuel pump
porsche reg 3.5bar
saab 9000 turbo 350cc injectors and visit wayne to set that lot up!

Putting it bluntly!

Doh, it has it's own fuel spray thingy doesn't it as part of the kit! Just ignore me! Embarassed Laughing

ctwg60
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 770

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:01 pm

ctwg60 wrote:You'll need some bigger injectors won't you?

VR fuel pump
porsche reg 3.5bar
saab 9000 turbo 350cc injectors and visit wayne to set that lot up!

Putting it bluntly!

Doh, it has it's own fuel spray thingy doesn't it as part of the kit! Just ignore me! Embarassed Laughing

Yes its a wet kit Laughing, so wont need all that, but the increased fuel demand will probably mean the exisiting pump wont cope. After all it will be trying to deliver fuel for 350bhp when it was originally designed for 160.
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtytorque Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:06 am

hi.keep meaning to ask how much extra boost if any have you seen with the 65 or has it just moved the boost down the rpm range?
dirtytorque
dirtytorque
.:Charged:.
.:Charged:.

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:01 pm

dirtytorque wrote:hi.keep meaning to ask how much extra boost if any have you seen with the 65 or has it just moved the boost down the rpm range?

Actually I don't know - it has been on since the engine was rebuilt so I have nothing to compare it to. From looking back over my old charts though (from the old engines) I saw no more peak boost it just came on earlier.
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:40 am

Did a neater version of my boost rerouting yesterday. Used one of Revotec self sealing takeoff hose adapters. If you've never seen these before they seem to be a very useful way of customising hoses and would be good for things like dump valves etc. Bit fiddly to do perhaps, but alot easier than getting a custom made hose.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Toad Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:51 am

Looks nice and tidy. Revotech seem like a bloody good supplier.
Toad
Toad
.:Mod:.

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah it does look neat. I got it from Burton Power, oddly in a size I couldn't find on the Revotech website (19mm diameter). Seems like such a good idea for modders. Having to punch a hole in your prize silicone pipes may put people off though (punch is a one use item and comes with the fitting).
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Toad Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Are they very expensive? I wouldn't be too excited about cutting my nice shiny pipe, but I guess you've just got to do it.

Dave did mention a place he knew that makes up custom pipes, no idea how expensive they were though, but I did wonder how much it would be to get a batch of VR6 PCV pipes made up.
Toad
Toad

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:09 pm

The adapter was about £22 posted mate. A lot cheaper than a custom hose, but still a bit odd when you cut your nice new silicone pipe...
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Toad Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:39 pm

So what's the next plan then?
Toad
Toad

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:15 am

Spend a couple of hours driving sideways on the way back down south on boxing day Laughing. Then I need to stop procrastinating and just get on with fitting the nos. Also want to modify the current instrument cluster a bit as well - do away with the white decals for the oil, water, main beams etc and make them transparent so they only light up when the bulbs are on, I think I'll relocate the ABS light to there as well.
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:08 am

A set of these turned up today Very Happy
7x17 Oz Ultraleggera with 205/40 R888 tyres. Will be kept until it is a bit warmer (drier). They are ET35 and I am running 25 on my current Compomotive MO's. Can you get hubcentric spacers as narrow as 10mm?

Also got a set of uprated driveshafts.

The owner (Tallpaul off the CF) wasn't sure twhat they came out of however he ran them on his G60 (after shearing the normal ones with his 20v tubo engine) and thought they may be either 16vG60 or VW Motorsport ones. Anybody seen these before, and please if they are just standard ones let me enjoy my ignorance Laughing

Final thing, couple of Vibratechnics mounts.

Going to be having the exhaust manifold out before long to fit the EGT sensor so will probably fit these then.
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Yandards Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:38 am

Nice selection there.

Driveshaft wise if Tall Pauls original chassis was a valver then the longer driveshaft is much thinner but is solid. Stock G60 units are the wide diameter ones but they are hollow tubes.

Yandards
.:Cammed:.
.:Cammed:.

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 am

He said he had G60 ones on previous which he manage to break with his 20v turbo setup, then sourced these as 'uprated driveshafts'. From what he was saying they are a pair (not one from each) but you've got me wondering now whether it's just one G60 one and one valver one given what they look like Rolling Eyes
jmc
jmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum: