OddUnit
My RX7 rebuild (Not 56K friendly) - Page 2 Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
My RX7 rebuild (Not 56K friendly) - Page 2 Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My RX7 rebuild (Not 56K friendly)

+4
dirtytorque
MillSpeed
mrbeige
StormBleeder
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My RX7 rebuild (Not 56K friendly) - Page 2 Empty Re: My RX7 rebuild (Not 56K friendly)

Post by Toad Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:13 pm

I think we need more of this kind of thing. and maybe some flat four goodness, and I don't mean rubbish aircooled nonsense...
Toad
Toad
.:Mod:.

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

My RX7 rebuild (Not 56K friendly) - Page 2 Empty Re: My RX7 rebuild (Not 56K friendly)

Post by StormBleeder Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:45 am

mrbeige - I haven't seen your mates car before, was good to have a read up about it on his site it's a very similar build to mine and it's nice to see how he's overcome certain problems. Smile
Regarding my intercooler, they guy who made mine has been making race set ups for years so I just bowed to his superior knowledge on that one. Very Happy Although since I got mine I have now seen a lot of different types of VMount set ups, some with the intercooler stood up and the radiator almost flat on the bottom. The position of mine is quite good if I can get a bonnet with the vents in the right place, because as the air flows over the bonnet it creates vortexes over the vents which draws air through them and through the intercooler which is underneath them.....with any luck, but it will rely on me getting or making a bonnet that has them in the right place. Smile

dirtytorque - Rotary engines are hard wearing and reliable if looked after, however they're not great with high pressures, I'm planning on running 1.2 bar of boost which is safe, however the big drag cars only run up to 1.9 - 2.0 bar of boost and the engines don't tend to last long at those pressures or so I'm led to believe.

Toad - I agree, it would be good to see some variations of engine types, I've been reading all the other project posts and I'm in awe of some of them....those boinger engines you lot drive are complicated things. Smile

Sorry I have been absent for a while, work has been manic and I've had no time for forum surfing or playing with my car. Sad However hopefully in February I'll be fitting a new fuel pump and rewiring it to give it a decent voltage and also fitting a twin spark to enhance the power of the spark from the plugs.....I also might get around to refurbishing the wheels too. Wink

A late Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you all. Smile

StormBleeder
.:Standard:.
.:Standard:.

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by junkie Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:26 am

It was only the other day i was wondering what happened to you, glad your still here and will be watching the progress.

Whats the aim power wise, have seen a few 600bhp maybe more examples over the years, i assume those wont last long or are they safe at that level so long as the boost is not high as you say?
junkie
junkie
.:Bored:.
.:Bored:.

Male Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2