OddUnit
my g60 - 20vt loom almost done - Page 2 Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
my g60 - 20vt loom almost done - Page 2 Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my g60 - 20vt loom almost done

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

my g60 - 20vt loom almost done - Page 2 Empty Re: my g60 - 20vt loom almost done

Post by waynos Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:53 pm

been working on the loom, its nearly done, just need a throttle positon plug , a lambda plug and power interface connector to use the existing power connections under the scuttle panel. The wiring notes qpeng supply are very easy to understand! there are loads of different engine codes listed with the corresponding colours (mine matched up perfectly) id recommend it to anyone.

Tommorow i will do continuity checks again just to ensure i have no shorts.

some of the loom to start off with
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

all split out from the insulation

The loom at the ecu connector

injectors, coil packs and most the engine sensors complete and wrapped

connector end with power connections spit off (which will go to the plug under the scuttle)

waynos
.:Standard:.

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

my g60 - 20vt loom almost done - Page 2 Empty Re: my g60 - 20vt loom almost done

Post by mrbeige Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Looking good dude. Cool What type of tape is that? Looks like it has a weave in it.
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by waynos Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:49 pm

self amalgamting tape. the stuff is brilliant. Its slightly textured and very slightly tacky.When you wrap the loom youre meant to stretch it a bit and it grabs hold of itself and fuses together. Its really strong as i wanted to change the position of a wire but couldnt pull the stuff apart! its water resistant too and has a rubbery feel to it

waynos

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:36 am

I normally use the fabric stuff, much like the standard Corrado wiring uses, but if this stuff is better I may have to look into that when I do my loom....
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by waynos Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:43 pm

nothing much here, i managed to drop a nut int to the crankcase via the oil filter housing breather. doh! shat myself when i couldnt find it. Ended up taking the sump off to have a butchers......Couldnt see it! gave the oil pick up a clean whilst i was there (wasnt really clogged to be honest) then i took the plastic moulding off that leads up to the oil filter housing as i took it off the flippin nut i dropped in fell out (thnk god!)

few random pics ( looks really clean in there)

also got myself a second hand qpeng down pipe off the bay so happy days.gunna use exhaust wrap on it

cant wait to drop the lump in. Need to get a lambda probe, n75 valve (as i have no idea where ive put it) a few breathers and some new engine mounts

waynos

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Tue May 26, 2009 1:38 pm

How're you getting on dude?
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by waynos Wed May 27, 2009 2:34 pm

slowly plodding on,bolted the manifold n turbo back up and managed to get the shorter drive belt on as im not using the air con pump that came with the engine

managed to get a new n75 valve of the bay for a fiver lol just need to find out which end goes where. im not running the pcv system going to vent directly to a catch tank ( probably try to make one!) .Going to order the lambda probe tommorrow and ive already ordered the remaining connectors i needed to finish the loom off

So my shopping list is

new thermostat, 2 o rings, mikalor clamps (better than crappy jubilees) new engine mounts.

waynos

Back to top Go down

Post by waynos Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:03 pm

lil updates, got the remaining connectors i needed for the loom.

here you can see the lambda connector at the top and the digifant power connector at the bottom

here is the throttle body connector at the top and the temp sensor connector for the gauge

here is a bunch of other little bits i needed (all genuine of course )

thermostat sat in place

o-ring and outlet bolted back on top

o-ring and water flange bolted back up

The throttle body fitted (ignore the blue hose haha - as the pipes at the top are unused i just stuck a bit of hose in there to make it look functional)

an adaptor i got to allow the fitment of the two g60 oil pressure sensors

finally the n75 valve its the "f" version ( i know there are j and h versions and they all have different characteristics. Picked this up for a fiver and its new so i cant complain)

waynos

Back to top Go down

Post by waynos Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:31 pm

nothing big, just starting to work out a rough route for the intercooler piping, damn i cant wait to get this in and running!

waynos

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtytorque Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:03 pm

looking good.
Going to be super tidy install.
What insertion tool do you use to make all those loom connections?

ta.
dirtytorque
dirtytorque
.:Charged:.

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by waynos Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 pm

cheers mate, didnt need any tool, once all the leads are crimped or soldered they just push through into the housings and the click in place - piece of cake Smile

waynos

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtytorque Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:48 pm

schweet. Smile
dirtytorque
dirtytorque

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2