OddUnit
Will the Plum ever ripen? Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
Will the Plum ever ripen? Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the Plum ever ripen?

4 posters

Go down

Will the Plum ever ripen? Empty Will the Plum ever ripen?

Post by boost panda Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 am

I need a wealthy benefactor or just some motivation, team :'(

She has been off the road for way longer than she's been driven. I got the rear beam on about 18months ago before realising the hard brake lines are routed wrong (made wrong) so the beam needs to come off and they need to be remade. Ugh. The rest of the brakes also need doing

Then everything else too. I don't really like the KR engine but barely have the budget to afford anything else :/ I could do with some new front wings and a OS rear quarter window.

Getting married in 5 months so you know there's no spare money for anything right now! Shocked

rant over, let the sulk begin.
boost panda
boost panda
.:Bored:.

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Will the Plum ever ripen? Empty Re: Will the Plum ever ripen?

Post by boost panda Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:54 am

wow my rant was that bad huh! lol :s

happy 2011 anyways Very Happy
boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Not that bad mate. Mine has had even less done to it....missing the hard lines on mine too.

Tis very quiet round 'ere

Happy New Year!
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yandards Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:32 am

mrbeige wrote:Not that bad mate. Mine has had even less done to it....missing the hard lines on mine too.

Tis very quiet round 'ere

Happy New Year!

Everyones broke and it's too bloody cold to be messing around with cars - even in the garage!

Yandards
.:Cammed:.

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:05 pm

LOL, very true team Very Happy

Whilst clearing out all my Corrado parts / crap, i found what looks like a set of ratty G60 calipers (i can't remember the subtle differences between the 256s and 280s) lots of new parts I don't remember inc 2 rear calipers and a host of other bits I really shouldn't have (black door! lol)

I have at least 1 pair of ABS front hubs too. So random. Seems I've just been hoarding!

Yan, how go the repairs? I almost took the head off my dead KR this weekend, but it was colder than I thought so i girled it.

Stu, hows life with you?

Very Happy
boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Yandards Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:33 am

Was going well up until my bloody bore honing tool broke.

Need to order RPMs charger tensioner arm thingy to replace the spring loaded alternator as it doesn't work well enough for my liking.

Will get that done this week and hopefully the new honing tool will arrive in time for the slightly warmer weather so I can crack on with it.

Be good to get it up, running and mapped before BVF this time.

Yandards

Back to top Go down

Post by kevhaywire Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 am

Yandards wrote:Everyones broke and it's too bloody cold to be messing around with cars - even in the garage!

I was in the garage before Christmas replacing brake lines and fitting 288s Laughing

I think at somepoint I am going to vapour barrier the walls and floor, screed, plaster and insulate etc and take a radiator off the boiler + the dehumidifier I currently have. Should be toasty in there Very Happy

I did consider a cheap wood burner actually. P1ss easy to install, but then the thought of petrol and paint fumes + naked flame kind of took the edge off that idea Laughing

kevhaywire
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

Post by Yandards Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:00 am

kevhaywire wrote:
Yandards wrote:Everyones broke and it's too bloody cold to be messing around with cars - even in the garage!

I was in the garage before Christmas replacing brake lines and fitting 288s Laughing

I think at somepoint I am going to vapour barrier the walls and floor, screed, plaster and insulate etc and take a radiator off the boiler + the dehumidifier I currently have. Should be toasty in there Very Happy

I did consider a cheap wood burner actually. P1ss easy to install, but then the thought of petrol and paint fumes + naked flame kind of took the edge off that idea Laughing

There is a plan to insulate the roof void with some kingspan and finish painting the walls, that will help keep the heat in a bit more but as I don't intend to own this bungalow for more than a few years its a waste of time doing anthing else right now.

Yandards

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:31 pm

what is all this garage speak? I dream to have even a lean-to!

starting to wonder if there's any point in finishing my C or whether it will be another project car for someone to carry on. So much to do and so little time/money.

as the bottom has dropped out of the car market, it's tempting just to buy something like an S2 for a few K and be done with it.

boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:05 am

Finish it.....
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 am

I've done something scary, and started a spreadsheet with a list of parts I need. Bodywork, Engine, Brakes, Suspension, Chassis, Electrical, etc etc etc.

It's really useful to keep track of things, but the cost column is a little worrying.

Never mind, they're aren't that many Cs left so it's justifiable Very Happy
boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:05 am

Remove the cost column, it will only make you sad
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:03 pm

You are right.

How did you deal with trying to build a C in the engagement/ newly married stage Stu?
boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Yandards Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 am

mrbeige wrote:Remove the cost column, it will only make you sad

Not only that by the time you can afford the parts a load will have gone obsolete and the others will have doubled in price!

Yandards

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Good point Yan. God knows there's plenty of stuff gone obsolete for us earlies anyways. Mad

boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Yandards Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:24 am

boost panda wrote:Good point Yan. God knows there's plenty of stuff gone obsolete for us earlies anyways. Mad

But less than you might think.

You can still get early bonnets, wings, bumpers etc on VW classic parts (VW genuine classic support parts thingy) I think long term we will be ok for bits but its going to be the RHD specific trim items that are going to be a PITA to get hold of. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Not sure how it works for us UK folks but I figure we must be able to order from it, although it may need an account creating to do so.

Damn didn't check early bonnet foam last time I was there..

Have now, not bloody on it yet. Although it looks like all the later side bump strips including the hard to find items are there. What's also promising is they have made a new production outer door window seal, both the one that goes around the window area and the one that runs along the top of the door - prices are about what they were before they went obsolete too.

Yandards

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Wow, I did not know about that site! Great news. I thought I'd never find some good condition front wings :/

that is indeed great news about the window and door seals. I'm really in need of some. I think I have bubbling rust underneath the top of the door one, and it's pushing the seal out :/
boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:04 am

boost panda wrote:You are right.

How did you deal with trying to build a C in the engagement/ newly married stage Stu?
I didn't/haven't, hence why it is still not running.....booo
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:33 am

:/

stupid thing is, I could strip the C for parts (esp the new parts) and prob make £500+ and buy a mk2 16v again. -_-

once I've decided what engine to put in, I will feel a lot better. Spoke to Supercharged about his Diesel. I've been in it too, and it's nice but a lot of work. Donor car needed really s way out of my budget.

CazzaVR trying to talk me into a 20vt which apparently isn't too hard to do into an early 16v. I'd want more than 225hp though. Probably IHI and build the block myself.

or there's the insane ideas built around CAD and having a scale chassis on the computer and doing all the FEA to see where weak points are....but that's another story.
boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:36 am

The other thing which will make me happy is FINDING PANELS IN DBP!! Bang head
boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by boost panda Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:07 am

I actually found some front wings this week from that grey breaker on CF. They're really good nick and they're £60 for the pair which I jumped at. Mine have rusted where the bolt up into the sill at the back of the wheelarch before the door.

So it's getting there slowly.... the front wing thing was a big hurdle for me, cos I loathe doing bodywork. If I can find a rear quarter window then I should be set on the bodywork, but I have a feeling that I would need to get a glass company to just supply and fit one.
boost panda
boost panda

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:24 am

Rear quarter windows are bonded in with glue made from the stickiest stuff in the world. Glass company definitely required.

I wish my car was DBP, my all time favourite colour on a Corrado
mrbeige
mrbeige

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum