OddUnit

VE and Target AFR maps required

Go down

VE and Target AFR maps required

Post by mrbeige on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:47 am

I want to have a look at other target AFR maps for different engine configurations, so screen shots would be good, if you can please? Smile

£300 Corrado 1.8 16v
The good lady wife's Golf VR
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

View user profile http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Re: VE and Target AFR maps required

Post by kevhaywire on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:35 am

LOL, am I the only person using a target AFR map? Laughing

kevhaywire
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 605

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 am

Well, Rob is too, but he posted his target AFR and VE maps in another thread on here already.

I'm just trying to find out how far off Stoich in general the target maps are. Wanted to compare some NASP maps against some FI maps too lol

£300 Corrado 1.8 16v
The good lady wife's Golf VR
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

View user profile http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtytorque on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 am

go to msruns.com.
Lots of maps on there.Alot of the posts aren't project posts they are just a few lines about the car and setup and then an msq file.All different marques and specs,might be a good resource.
You might get the odd complaint about firmware revisions etc but you should still be able to view the tables...I think..
Let me know how you get on.

o set up the fuel curves for the engine with MegaSquirt®️ EFI Controller, you have a number of parameters to work with. The most important of these are the Req_Fuel value and the VE table (8x8 volumetric efficiency table). You are aiming to achieve 12.5-13.1:1 air/fuel ratios under full throttle, and 15-17:1 under light loads for a naturally aspirated engine. Boosted engine may require a richer mixture under power.

Something to chew on.Ultimately once you get the car running you'll get a feel for what your car wants.

Don't get too bogged down and try and nail it all down too early at this stage Mr brown. Smile
dirtytorque
.:Charged:.
.:Charged:.

Number of posts : 1101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum