OddUnit

Icing on the cake...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by mrbeige on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:51 am

Flusted wrote:even saw 32mpg on 20min drive
And that's on the isle of white, which doesn't have a huge amount of open road... Smile

Are you going for a 2.5" straight through then?

_________________
Stu
"Take one old performance car, modify it so that it is as good, if not better, than a new performance car"

£300 Corrado 1.8 16v
The good lady wife's Golf VR
avatar
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Age : 41
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

View user profile http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by ctwg60 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:27 am

And what the box configuration you chosen 3 or 2? Are you getting a perforated tube in the first box?

ctwg60
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 770

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by jmc on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:07 am

Yep, going for a 2.5" system with 3 boxes. When I spoke with Rick he said they all have perforated tubes in the 1st box otherwise they wouldn't silence. He said that's what he'd do automatically.
avatar
jmc
.:Bored:.
.:Bored:.

Male Number of posts : 271
Age : 45
Location : Egham, Surrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by ctwg60 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:10 am

jmc wrote:Yep, going for a 2.5" system with 3 boxes. When I spoke with Rick he said they all have perforated tubes in the 1st box otherwise they wouldn't silence. He said that's what he'd do automatically.

Well as I said on another forum my first one did not! And it was not nice! I'll have to get the calipers out and see what I got when I had mine done I can't remember now.

ctwg60
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 770

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by jmc on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:12 am

ctwg60 wrote:Well as I said on another forum my first one did not! And it was not nice! I'll have to get the calipers out and see what I got when I had mine done I can't remember now.

And thanks for the heads up - otherwise I wouldn't have known to ask Smile
avatar
jmc
.:Bored:.
.:Bored:.

Male Number of posts : 271
Age : 45
Location : Egham, Surrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by ctwg60 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:21 am

jmc wrote:
ctwg60 wrote:Well as I said on another forum my first one did not! And it was not nice! I'll have to get the calipers out and see what I got when I had mine done I can't remember now.

And thanks for the heads up - otherwise I wouldn't have known to ask Smile

Glad to be able to help. I also had 2 problems with mine first was the gwerks manifold to CAT bypass joint kept blowing and in the end wasn't giving any movement so I had a flexi installed in the bypass but this I think then allowed the exhaust to move around and now keeps touching the underside of the car at the backbox section so I'll be heading back to pipwerx to get that sorted as soon as it's been ok getting it adjusted now and then but after the new engine went in it's been touching intermittently on a regular basis. It just needs lowering as there is not enough clearance.

To be honest the manifold and exhaust are a bit of a sore point for me as everything that could go wrong, did. I'm over it now but just need to get this last little issue sorted out. Bang head Grrrr

ctwg60
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 770

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by ctwg60 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:17 am

Looks like my exhaust to is 2.25" internal diameter front to back with no joint or bend restriction. fyi

ctwg60
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 770

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by jmc on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:28 am

ctwg60 wrote:Looks like my exhaust to is 2.25" internal diameter front to back with no joint or bend restriction. fyi

OK, thnaks for that mate.

Out of interest does anyone know the best (well, cheapest actually) place to get the Bosch W5DPO spark plugs originally designed for the G40's? VW or directly from Bosch?
avatar
jmc
.:Bored:.
.:Bored:.

Male Number of posts : 271
Age : 45
Location : Egham, Surrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by JNLRacing on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:58 am

GSF

JNLRacing
.:Cammed:.
.:Cammed:.

Number of posts : 205

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by jmc on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Phase one is complete - 2.5" system from JP exhausts. Looks fab, and great quality (pics on my build thread for the interested Very Happy).
avatar
jmc
.:Bored:.
.:Bored:.

Male Number of posts : 271
Age : 45
Location : Egham, Surrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icing on the cake...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum