OddUnit
1/2" impact drivers Cooltext403300291

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OddUnit
1/2" impact drivers Cooltext403300291
OddUnit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/2" impact drivers

4 posters

Go down

1/2" impact drivers Empty 1/2" impact drivers

Post by kevhaywire Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:20 am

Just thought I'd mention how useful battery powered impact drivers are having done some work on the car this weekend.

I'd recommend one with a 1/2" square drive and you can get some with around 300lb ft torque for reasonable money.

I tell you where I find them useful....... removing and dismantling front struts. Saves hours!

This is the one I use - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can get cheaper ones though Very Happy

kevhaywire
.:Stroked:.
.:Stroked:.

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

1/2" impact drivers Empty Re: 1/2" impact drivers

Post by CorradoVR6-Turbo Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:21 pm

Yip i have a mac tools one,its good for at home use or fiddle work,the cheaper ones i have used dont have the grunt i need lol!

CorradoVR6-Turbo
.:Cammed:.
.:Cammed:.

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_griff Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:22 pm

i used a dewalt cordless jobby that ran off a transformer when i did the clutch on the evo - totally invaluable; makes those otherwise difficult bolts effortless.

it belongs to a mate of mine who's a gt-4 breaker - he says he just attaches the right size socket and undoes all the nuts he can find of that size and then gets a different socket and does all the ones he can find in that size. once he's done he just taps whatever it was and watches everything fall off!

pete_griff
.:Standard:.
.:Standard:.

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeige Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:25 am

pete_griff wrote:<SNIP>once he's done he just taps whatever it was and watches everything fall off!
I've got an image of the old police car falling apart that the Blues Brothers had in the film Laughing
mrbeige
mrbeige
.:Admin:.

Male Number of posts : 1384
Location : Near Ely, Cambs.......but another planet according to my wife....

http://www.oddunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down